At Sensiba San Filippo (SSF), we believe in providing our clients with more than just a tax strategy or compliance report — we believe in helping people reach their goals and rest better knowing that they have someone on their side. We help families plan for their financial future, assist businesses in reaching their revenue goals, and we support CEOs and business owners with backend tasks so they can focus on their passion. When our clients worry less about their financial and tax matters, they have more time to do the things they love — that’s when we know we have done our job.
“I don’t do my job for the paycheck. I do my job because I have a unique opportunity to offer my clients comfort and relief when they feel stress and need an objective viewpoint. Money has an inherent way of causing unease, and I am in a position to take away some of that anxiety and help them to feel confident that their family, their future, and their wellbeing is being looked after. I can’t say I’m saving lives each day, but when I have the chance to positively impact someone’s happiness and their ability to be a better parent, spouse and community member, I am inspired to be the best I can be.”
– John Sensiba, Managing Partner
We understand that compensation often drives behavior, so unlike many professional service firms, our Partners are not compensated based on the size of their “book of business.” Rather, our reward system directly reflects our firm values. We do our best to live by the Golden Rule, and we constantly challenge ourselves to treat others the way we want to be treated. We believe in catalyzing a culture of passion, value and betterment, and while dollar signs often indicate success, we strive to define our success by the commitment and value that we bring to others.
- We are Approachable — we believe in straight forward, no jargon, genuine relationships. We may be number people, but we are also people people.
- We are Innovative —we are constantly looking towards fresh ways to serve our clients. Whether that is building niches, finding bright new talent or embracing innovative technology, we are constantly evolving and striving to improve every day.
- We are Passionate — we believe that passion is at the core of excellence, and that’s why we encourage our team to focus on industries and services that excite them.
- We have Experience — we’ve been in the Bay Area market for 40 years, and we are respected for our level of talent and professionalism.
- We have Integrity — we do the right thing, regardless of the impact to our bottom line.
- We are Reputable — we are proud to be considered one of the top firms in Northern California. 35% of our clients have been with us for over 10 years.
- We are Philanthropists — with an “our money follows our people” approach, we support our employees and the charities that they choose to serve. We foster a culture that prioritizes family and community above business interests.
- We are Diverse — with a deep belief that diversity brings strength, our staff comes from a wide range of nationalities, ethnicities and backgrounds. We are 59% female, 48% POC, 11% LGBTQIA+ and collectively speak more than 24 languages.
- We are Respected — many of our executive leaders have been awarded for their leadership, professionalism and activism in the community. From the top down, we have built a reputation of commitment, integrity, and genuine support for our clients, staff and community.
Our workplace culture is guided by a single, fundamental belief based on the “Golden Rule” of business.
We treat people the way they would want to be treated.
– John Sensiba, Managing Partner
This passionate approach is translated through our work and is reflected in our consistent delivery of superior client service. We follow through on commitments, both to our clients and to each other. We have integrity. Our relationships are built on honesty, mutual respect, and trust.